Summer is here, which means here in Dallas, it doesn't take much time for temperatures to start heating up! This is about the time I start to think about enjoying fresh fruits, and the first to come to mind are dark red, plump cherries. Having a bowl out to snack on while sitting outside, taking in the sun sounds amazing right now! The best part is that not only are cherries delicious, but they also offer a lot of health benefits.
These benefits include:
- Reduced risk of breast cancer
- Improved memory and brain function
- Reduced exercise-induced muscle soreness
- May help reduce blood pressure
- Reduced risk of arthritis
- Help improve sleep patterns
Imagine, getting all of these benefits, and still getting to enjoy this fruit as a delicious treat! Perfect for cooling you off in the summer heat. Take your cherries and other fresh fruits, and turn them into a frozen popsicle to keep you cool when relaxing outside!
Creamy Cherry and Peach Popsicles
½ cup cherries
½ cup peaches
1 cup of your favorite type of milk (mine is plain soy milk)
- Wash and chop your fruits. Take the pits out of the cherries.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until it is of pureed consistency.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove from the molds and enjoy!
No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.