Hi! My name is Leah Wilson and I’m currently a dietetic intern at Texas Woman’s University. I have one week left of internship rotations and will soon be able to take my RDN exam. I am also in the process of getting my master’s degree. In preparation of thinking about what recipe I would share with you, I knew I wanted to find a recipe that was fresh and different from what I usually bake. Like many, I enjoy baking fairly often during the holiday season.
However, also like many, I sometimes become overwhelmed when I’m looking for recipes or trying to figure out what to make. I opted for this tasty cranberry orange bread. The ingredient list was different than what I often go for. With fresh orange juice and fresh cranberries, this bread is bursting with flavor. The honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness. It’s refreshing, sweet, and a new favorite. Most of the ingredients were staples I already had in my pantry, so I didn’t have to purchase too many new items. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 cup oats, ground
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup almond milk
¼ cup honey
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
Zest from 1 orange
1/3 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a bread loaf or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground oats, flour, flax, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, almond milk, honey, and orange juice and beat until blended
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently stir in cranberries, orange zest, and walnuts
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool bread before slicing. Serve with a bit of honey if you want!
This recipe is adapted from The Lively Table
No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.