If you’re looking for a fresh, flavorful, and effortless meal, look no further! These blackened tilapia tacos are so simple and delicious, plus it only takes ten minutes to prepare. Whenever I come home after a long day, cooking is sometimes the last thing I want to do. These fish tacos give me a simple option and allow me to redefine fast food!
Between the tilapia fillet and a homemade Greek yogurt lime dressing, these tacos are both packed with protein and flavor! Just like any taco, the toppings are totally customizable. I usually do tomatoes with a coleslaw mix or shred my own green cabbage and carrots. What are your go-to taco toppings?
Blackened Tilapia Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
4 flour tortillas
2 Tilapia fillets (frozen or fresh)
½ cup of shredded green cabbage
½ cup of shredded carrots
3-4 grape tomatoes
6 oz Plain Greek yogurt
½ mashed avocado
1 tbsp paprika
½ tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
Dash of salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl combine plain Greek yogurt, the juice of 1 lime, and mashed avocado. Mix until smooth
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste and set aside
- On a plate mix the remaining of seasonings, cover the tilapia fillets in the seasoning and let rest while a medium size pan heats up on the stove top.
- Add olive oil to the pan and sear the fillets for about 3 minutes each side or until fully cooked
- Take your tortillas and spread the homemade dressing on the tortilla, add your fish fillet and top with green cabbage, carrots and tomatoes.
Abbie Ashcroft is a graduate of the University of Florida and currently a dietetic intern with Andrews University. Abbie is passionate about nutrition and aspires to be a Registered Dietitian who works actively in the community to inspire health and wellness. She enjoys reading books, hiking and cooking for her family.
No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.