Guest Post By: Haley Pfannstiel, dietetic intern with Be Well Solutions
I am sure you have all tried this delicious, savory roll as an appetizer at your favorite Asian restaurant. If you enjoy them, you will LOVE this recipe. This recipe is simple, quick, inexpensive, and packed with several veggies! Did I mention super tasty?! If you have a busy weeknight coming up, this is the recipe for you. The cabbage in this dish contains vitamin C which provides many health benefits including antioxidant properties. This will help strengthen your immune system, fight inflammation, and reduce your risk for chronic diseases. Try the recipe below and I promise you won’t regret it!
1 bag of coleslaw mix (dry)
1-pound ground turkey
5 cloves of garlic (minced)
½ teaspoon ginger
½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
Sliced green onion
Don’t be afraid to add other veggies including, broccoli, spinach, bell peppers, brussel sprouts, zucchini, or squash!
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, and ginger and mix.
- When the turkey is done, add the bag of coleslaw mix. Stir to combine.
- When the veggies are cooked, add the soy sauce mixture and stir. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced green onion on top.
Haley Pfannstiel, Be Well Solutions Dietetic Intern
No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.