With warmer temperatures approaching, now is a great time to clean off the grill and enjoy a meal outdoors. Besides adding a great flavor to foods, grilling keeps the mess outside and comes with minimal dishes. If you don’t have access to an outdoor grill, you can easily switch these recipes to a stovetop grill or oven instead. Follow Lemond on social media for more recipe ideas!
Grilled Apple Tossed Salad
- Total Time: Prep: 15 min. + Marinating: 10 min. + Grill: 10 min.
- Serves: 6
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. For dressing, whisk together first 8 ingredients. In a bowl, toss apples with 1/4 cup dressing. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Place apple slices on a grill rack over medium heat; reserve marinade left in bowl. Grill apples, covered, until tender and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with reserved marinade.
- 3. To serve, toss greens with remaining dressing. Top with grilled apples, walnuts and cheese.
Grilled Meat and Veggie Bundles
- Total Time: Prep: 10 min + Grill:15 min
- Serves: 6
2 lbs ground beef
½ cup breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons French onion soup mix
1 ½ lb petite marble medley potatos
1 lb baby carrots
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup BBQ sauce, or ketchup, for glazing
Prepare grill for medium heat.
In a medium bowl, gently mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, and French onion soup - mix until well combined.
Lay out 6 large rectangles of heavy-duty aluminum foil, about 20 x 12 inches (50 x 30 cm) each.
Place about 6 potatoes and 4 carrots on a piece of foil. Season with salt and pepper. Form about 5 ounces of beef mixture into a patty and place on top of the vegetable pile. Fold the foil over and crimp the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Place the packets on the grill over medium heat. Cook for 15–20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, and the beef patties are cooked through.
Let cool for a few minutes, then carefully unwrap the packets. Glaze the meat with BBQ sauce or ketchup.
Grilled Pineapple Sundaes
- Total Time: Prep: 10 mins. + Grill: 2 mins.
- Serves: 6
6 pineapple slices (fresh or canned)
6 scoops vanilla ice cream
Dulce de leche or caramel
miniature chocolate chips
- Heat grill to high.
- Grill pineapple until charred, 1 minute per side.
- Top each pineapple slice with vanilla ice cream
- Allow each person to add their own toppings to their sundae!
No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.