In need of a quick and easy nutrient-packed snack? These energy bites are packed with protein, heart healthy fats, and whole grains which make it a perfect Power Plate Snack! This recipe uses pantry-staple items and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Perfect for on-the-go snacking. Win!
What makes this recipe even better? There are so many different variations that can be made depending on the ingredients you have on hand.
1) Use any nut butter or seed butter to substitute peanut butter.
2) Roll balls in coconut flakes for extra flavor!
3) Substitute chopped nuts for chocolate chips.
4) If you don’t have chocolate chips on hand, the cocoa powder is a great (and tasty) substitute!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12-15 protein balls
1 cup quick oats
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup ground flax seed
¼ cup mini chocolate chips OR 1 tsp. cocoa powder
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Form mixture into one-inch balls.
- Chill and store in refrigerator. Makes 12-15 balls.
No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.