The summer months and warmer weather are quickly approaching. Along with summertime comes all of the amazing in season fruits and vegetables. Which ones do you love most? Personally, I love watermelon and this cucumber watermelon salsa puts a whole new twist on this summer favorite. Going to a cookout or looking for a tasty snack? Give this tasty salsa a try!
Cucumber Watermelon Salsa
- 2 peeled and diced cucumbers
- 1 diced purple onion
- 1-1 ½ cup diced watermelon
- 2 tsp diced jalapeno
- ¼ cup sliced basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 T balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Mix cucumber, onion, jalapeno, and basil into a medium sized bowl
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper
- Step 3: Pour dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat
- Step 4: Add the chopped watermelon and gently toss
- Serve with a toasted baguette, on the side of a meal, or with water crackers
No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.