Banana Berry Ice Cream
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 5
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 3 Frozen Bananas (I prefer using slightly over-ripe)
- 1 1/2 C Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Chunky Peanut Butter (any preferred nut butter)
- 1/2-1 C Milk
- 1/4 C Frozen Blueberries as a Topping if Desired
- Peel frozen bananas and place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients. TIP: Start with a smaller amount of milk and add little by little for desired consistency.
- Blend until smooth or frozen yogurt consistency.
- Serve in bowls, topping with additional frozen blueberries if desired.
A Refreshing Cool Down
School is in full swing and it is almost September. In my mind it is Fall... but in my reality... the high today in Lubbock is 109 degrees Fahrenheit!! Since the Texas heat will be staying around a little bit longer, having a cold and refreshing snack/treat is a must! Banana Berry Ice Cream is a hit in our home and is easy to put together.
Slightly over-ripe bananas provide the right sweetness. I take the bananas from the week that are maybe past their prime and stick them in the freezer to use when we are ready for a treat. I buy my frozen wild blueberries at Costco. The big bag is a promise that I will have the sweet berries around for a number of different dishes. One of my favorite things about this dish is that there are no added sugars. The sweetness from the fruit and the savoriness from the peanut butter creates the perfect flavor combination.